Korean Studies Grant 2011
The aim of the program is to deepen the world’s understanding of Korea by supporting academic activities that will help spread Korean studies and nurture talented scholars of Korean studies.
Another key purpose the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is dedicated to achieving is to enhance the universality and quality of Korean studies through its support of activities undertaken by overseas researchers of Korean studies.
1. Visiting Lectureships – The program assists universities in promoting Korean studies by sending qualified lecturers.
2. Competitive Research Funding – The program sponsors projects related to Korean studies including research papers and books.
3. Workshop and Conference Support – The program provides funding to academic forums hosted by Korean studies research organizations.
4. Scholarly Journal Support – The program promotes publication of Korean studies works.
5. Publication Subsidy – The program assists researchers in publishing Korean studies related materials.
6. Distinguished Paper Award – The program encourages researchers who publish in international journals. The journal must be registered in A&HCI, SSCI, SCI, SCOPUS and published outside of Korea.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the AKS website:
Submission Deadline : March 11, 2011
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. An emailed application without a hardcopy will not be accepted.
Inquiries should be directed to :
Promotion of Korean Studies Abroad Division
Center for International Affairs
The Academy of Korean Studies
E-mail : email@example.com