Recruitment for 2016 AKS International Programs (MA, PhD Degree & Fellowship)
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) has announced its 2016 international program (MA, PhD degree & Fellowship).
For the international students (degree program),
• Tuition fees are fully waived for international students.
• The Government Grant of KRW750,000 per month is provided to all of the Korean Culture and Society major and the Korean Classics and Global Communication major students as well as comparably competent students of other majors.
• Free Korean language courses are provided to assist international students with academic writing, presentations and discussions as well as communication skills.
• On-campus dormitory accommodations are available at the rate of KRW477,400 per semester, double occupancy.
• A 4:1 student-faculty ratio enables close one-to-one guidance of students by professors.
• Various kinds of courses are available including major-specific courses, interdisciplinary courses, independent study with student’s own topic and research plans, and fieldwork. Students can also earn credits by publishing articles in accredited academic journals.
For the AKS Graduate Fellows:
• Monthly allowance of KRW900,000 is provided.
• An economy-class round trip airfare at actual expense is provided within the limit prescribed
by the GSKS Travel Expenses Policy (Please see the Attachment 2 “Maximum Round-trip
Airfares Per Regions”).
• Fellowship Period: 6 months
1) 2016 Fall Semester (1st period): From 1 September 2016 to 28 February 2017
2) 2017 Spring Semester (2nd period): From 1 March 2017 to 31 August 2017
※ Applicants should select one of the fellowship periods.
• Access to the AKS facilities including the library and Jangseogak Archives is given.
• On-campus dormitory is available at the rate of KRW716,100 for 6 months, double occupancy.
• Korean language courses are offered free of charge.
• A Certificate of Completion can be issued for those who successfully completed the program.
If you have any queries, please contact Ms Mi-Ryoung SONG via email: email@example.com